Level 3 International Diploma in Engineering
International Diploma in Engineering is a level 3 and 120 credit qualification. This qualification is intended and designed to provide new entrants to the engineering sector. The Aim of this Qualification is to introduce a proper foundation in various fields of Engineering. This Qualification is designed to meet the demand of the learners who are all aiming to choose Engineering as their career. This qualification highlights the practical-based learning process to prepare learners into real life situations. The learners develop a range of skills and techniques in design, development, maintenance and manufacturing in entry level engineering practices.
Level 3 International Diploma in Engineering is ideal for those who wish to get employed into an entry level engineering position or advance as an engineer or technician in a wide range of job roles by pursuing a higher diploma or degree. The qualification is an ideal choice for budding adults and school leavers.
Why choose ASTI for Level 3 International Diploma in Engineering
- State of the art infrastructure for diploma courses in Dubai.
- Faculty with industrial experience.
- Internships in Dubai.
- ASTI includes the real life complex industrial needs in curriculum that makes the learner industry ready.
- One among the most recognized Business Management Technical Educational institute in Dubai with more than two decades of presence in educational sector.
- Licensed by Dubai Knowledge, TVET, QAD, UAE/KHDA (Knowledge and Human Development Authority) an authority of regulations for Engineering Colleges and University’s Business management courses in Dubai, UAE and Foreign Ministry, Dubai.
- More than 29 corporate clients.
- Qualification recognized and awarded by an international course provider.
- Highly experienced and proficient faculty.
- Emphasis on practical learning to deliver in real-life situations.
- Online learning management system (LMS) enabling to study anywhere, anytime.
- Exclusive study materials and e-library support enabling 24*7 availability.
- Live tutor and mentor support.
- Qualification title: International Diploma in Engineering
- Qualification level: 3
- Qualification type: Vocational.
- Awarding Body: UK awarding body, Eduqual
- Approved by: Government of Dubai. KHDA.
To complete level 3 International Diploma in engineering a total of 120 credits were required with 6 mandatory units.
|1)||Safety principles in Engineering workplace||10|
|2)||2 Technical Communication||10|
|4)||Mechanical Engineering Principles||10|
|5)||Basic Electrical Circuit theory||10|
Assessment and Grading:
The assessments will be at unit level. The assessments blend in the combination of practical theoretical examinations, group Projects, seminar, assignments for individual units. The assessment for individual units for this qualification is done internal verification and then concluded external verification by the Awarding authority.
Flexible online assessment strategy of ASTI helps the learners to overcome complex situations for completing assessments on time.
Learners must attain at least 40% of the marks in each assessment and that the average scores of all tasks in an assignment must be a minimum of 40% of the overall marks awarded.
For successful completion the learner should pass all the assessments.
The Grade System:
The grade system is followed by
Pass – PA
Merit – ME
Distinction – DI
Unsatisfactory – U
The main prerequisite is to get through an interview, and they are expected to possess the following:
- A standard of literacy and numeracy supported by a general education equivalent to four GCSEs at grade A*-C.
- Learners aged 16 years and above.
- Level 2 qualification in Engineering or other related qualifications
- Associated work experience.
For more information or query on entry requirements contact Ph. +971 4280 9955
Career path ahead:
Learners who have completed the Level 3 International Diploma in Engineering will allow progress to:
- The Learner can progress to Higher International diploma.
- Bachelor’s Degree First Year of UK Universities and colleges
- Directly into employment in a related profession.