Higher International Diploma in Quantity Surveying
Higher International Diploma in Quantity Surveying is a Level 5 international qualification that is designed to help learners become a highly skilled Quantity Surveyor/ Estimator professional. A quantity surveyor/Estimator professional is a core member of a construction project / Built environment sector. A quantity Surveyor / Estimator requires to deal with technical, management and maintenance, contractual, financial and legal aspects of a construction project. This qualification is an intense vocational training course that provides the learners with modern innovative skills to emerge successful in challenging and complex industrial needs. Learners are equipped with a thorough knowledge, and the essential skills and talents to work as an effective Quantity Surveying professional who will play a key role in all sectors of a built environment.
Level 5 diploma in Quantity Surveying is ideal for those looking for short term courses to get job in Dubai. This qualification is the apt choice for those who wish to get employed or advance as Quantity Surveyor/Estimator in the Development and construction. This qualification has a broad career possibilities including quantity surveying consultants, building surveying, financial services management in construction, developers and building product suppliers.
Why you need to choose this course?
- To become industry ready: ASTI highlights in practical based learning process and helps learners to stand out in real-life situations among the training centers in Dubai.
- Advance your career: For assured growth and sustainability in the workplace or career.
- Better salary: Increase the earning potential in a short duration.
- Professional credibility and Global accreditation: The qualification is globally recognized and accepted as it is an international accredited diploma course in Dubai.
Why choose ASTI for HID in Quantity Surveying
- State of the art infrastructure for diploma courses in Dubai.
- Faculty with industrial experience.
- Internships in Dubai.
- ASTI includes the real life complex industrial needs in curriculum that makes the learner industry ready.
- One among the most recognized engineering colleges in Dubai with more than two decades of presence in educational sector.
- Licensed by QAD, UAE/KHDA an authority of regulations for engineering colleges in Dubai, UAE and Foreign Ministry, Dubai.
- More than 29 corporate clients.
- Qualification recognized and awarded by an international course provider.
- Highly experienced and proficient faculty.
- Emphasis on practical learning to deliver in real-life situations.
- Online learning management system enabling to study anywhere, anytime.
- Exclusive study materials and e-library support enabling 24*7 availability.
- Live tutor and mentor support.
- Qualification title: Higher International Diploma in Quantity Surveying
- Qualification level: 5
- Qualification code: HID-QS:ASTI.
- Qualification type: Vocational.
- Awarding Body: EduQual – UK.
- Approved by: Government of Dubai.
- Qualification structure:To complete level 5 Higher International Diploma in Quantity Surveying a total of 240 credits were
required with 12 mandatory units.
Unit Name of the Unit Credits
1) Technical drawings with Engineering Graphics 12
2) Workshop and General Safety 12
3) IT Application for Engineers 12
4) Construction Economics 12
5) Project Management 12
6) Applied Mathematics for civil engineering 12
7) Civil Estimation and costing. 12
8) Contract Practice 12
9) Interpersonal Project 15
10) Environmental Science and Services 15
11) Procurement and administration 15
12) Project 30
Assessment and Grading:
The assessments will be at unit level. The assessments blend in the combination of practical, theoretical examinations, assignments for individual units. The assessment for individual units for this qualification is done internally and then concluded externally by the Awarding authority.
Flexible online assessment strategy of ASTI helps the learners to overcome complex situations for completing assessments on time.
Learners must attain at least 40% of the marks in each assessment and that the average scores of all tasks in an assignment must be a minimum of 40% of the overall marks awarded.
For successful completion the learner should pass all the assessments.
The Grade System:
The EduQual grade system is followed
learners aged 18 years and above (or)
Level 3 qualification in Engineering or other related qualifications (or)
Associated work experience.
For more information or query on entry requirements contact Ph. +971 4280 9955
Career path ahead:
On completing the Higher International diploma in Quantity Surveying the learner may progress to higher studies with respect to the relevant course/Qualification or work as a surveyor or Estimator in the construction industry playing a key role in various aspects.