Higher International Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Higher International diploma in Mechanical Engineering is a level 5 qualification, mechanical engineering discipline finds it place in a wide range of technical and management careers in engineering industry. This qualification aims to provide the learners with explicit knowledge on design, analysis of mechanical systems, strength of materials, manufacturing, installation and maintenance of machines. This qualification also trains the learner on Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) modelling and simulation of mechanical systems. This qualification is an intense vocational training course that equips learners with knowledge, understanding and skills for success in employment in the mechanical engineering-based jobs. The innovative and state of the art design and technologies available across the globe enables a high demand for Mechanical Engineering jobs. Learners are equipped with a thorough knowledge, and the essential skills to meet the demand in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
This qualification is ideal for those who wish to progress into to Level 6 qualification or looking for a short term courses to get job in Dubai. This qualification is the apt choice for those who wish to seek employment in various engineering sectors ranging from small start-up organization to a multinational company. This qualification demands good innovative design skills, problem solving and management skills. The qualification enables the learner to work in various department of the mechanical engineering that includes manufacturing, process management, HVAC systems, biomedical, sales, and power generation.
Why you need to choose this course?
- To become industry ready: ASTI highlights in practical based learning process and helps learners to stand out in real-life situations among the training centers in Dubai.
- Advance your career: For assured growth and sustainability in the workplace or career.
- Better salary: Increase the earning potential in a short duration.
- Professional credibility and Global accreditation: The qualification is globally recognized and accepted as it is an international accredited diploma course in Dubai.
Why choose ASTI for HID in Automobile Engineering
- State of the art infrastructure for diploma courses in Dubai.
- Faculty with industrial experience.
- Internships in Dubai.
- ASTI includes the real life complex industrial needs in curriculum that makes the learner industry ready.
- One among the most recognized engineering colleges in Dubai with more than two decades of presence in educational sector.
- Licensed by QAD, UAE/KHDA an authority of regulations for engineering colleges in Dubai, UAE and Foreign Ministry, Dubai.
- More than 29 corporate clients.
- Qualification recognized and awarded by an international course provider.
- Highly experienced and proficient faculty.
- Emphasis on practical learning to deliver in real-life situations.
- Online learning management system enabling to study anywhere, anytime.
- Exclusive study materials and e-library support enabling 24*7 availability.
- Live tutor and mentor support.
- Qualification title: Higher International Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Qualification level: 5
- Qualification code: HID-ME:ASTI.
- Qualification type: Vocational.
- Awarding Body: EduQual – UK.
- Approved by: Government of Dubai.
To complete level 5 Higher International Diploma in Mechanical Engineering a total of 240 credits were required with 12 mandatory units.
|Unit||Name of the Unit||Credits|
|1)||Technical drawings with Engineering Graphics||12|
|2)||Workshop and General Safety||12|
|3)||IT Application for Engineers||12|
|4)||Strength of Materials||12|
|5)||Computer Aided Design and Drafting||12|
|6)||Principle and Operation of Fluid Machinery||12|
|7)||Mechanical Workshop Practice||12|
|9)||Modeling and Simulation of Mechanical Systems||15|
|10)||Basic Electrical and Electronics Engineering||15|
|11)||Welding Principles and Application||15|
Assessment and Grading:
The assessments will be at unit level. The assessments blend in the combination of practical, theoretical examinations, assignments for individual units. The assessment for individual units for this qualification is done internally and then concluded externally by the Awarding authority.
Flexible online assessment strategy of ASTI helps the learners to overcome complex situations for completing assessments on time.
Learners must attain at least 40% of the marks in each assessment and that the average scores of all tasks in an assignment must be a minimum of 40% of the overall marks awarded.
For successful completion the learner should pass all the assessments.
The Grade System:
The EduQual grade system is followed
- learners aged 18 years and above
- Level 3 qualification in Engineering or other related qualifications
- Associated work experience.
For more information or query on entry requirements contact Ph. +971 4280 9955
Career path ahead:
On completing the Higher International diploma in Mechanical Engineering the learner may progress to higher studies with respect to the relevant course/Qualification or work in the Mechanical engineering sector.