Higher International Diploma in Information Technology
This qualification is designed and intended to meet the growing demands for IT jobs in Dubai/UAE. This qualification is a globally recognized vocational training course that makes the learner gain sector knowledge tied with practical skills required to initiate or progress further to make a difference in the workplace. The learners will able to assist in the implementation of IT activities, including skills needed for the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) industry. This qualification provides entry level career opportunities in IT industry or to progress into to Level 6 qualification that enables learner to work for higher IT job roles.
Level 5 diploma in Information Technology engineering is ideal for those looking for short term courses to get job in Dubai. This qualification is for learners who wish to get employed or advance as an engineer or technician in a wide range of IT job roles as web programmer, computer technician, help desk support, data entry operator, network support and IT sales consultant. It could also be a suitable qualification for those wishing to change career or move into IT industry for employment following a career break.
Why you need to choose this course?
- To become industry ready: ASTI highlights in practical based learning process and helps learners to stand out in real-life situations among the training centers in Dubai.
- Advance your career: For assured growth and sustainability in the workplace or career.
- Better salary: Increase the earning potential in a short duration.
- Professional credibility and Global accreditation: The qualification is globally recognized and accepted as it is an international accredited diploma course in Dubai.
Why choose ASTI for HID in Information Technology engineering
- State of the art infrastructure for diploma courses in Dubai.
- Faculty with industrial experience.
- ASTI includes the real life complex industrial needs in curriculum that makes the learner industry ready.
- One among the most recognized engineering colleges in Dubai with more than two decades of presence in educational sector.
- Licensed by QAD, UAE/KHDA an authority of regulations for engineering colleges in Dubai, UAE.
- More than 29 corporate clients.
- Qualification recognized and awarded by an international course provider.
- Highly experienced and proficient faculty.
- Emphasis on practical learning to deliver in real-life situations.
- Online learning management system enabling to study anywhere, anytime.
- Exclusive study materials and e-library support enabling 24*7 availability.
- Live tutor and mentor support.
- Qualification title: Higher International Diploma in Information Technology
- Qualification level: 5
- Qualification code: HID-IT:ASTI.
- Qualification type: Vocational.
- Awarding Body: EduQual – UK.
- Approved by: Government of Dubai.
To complete level 5 Higher International Diploma in Information Technology Engineering a total of 240 credits were required and 12 units were mandatory along with elective units .
|1)||Technical Drawings with Engineering Graphics||12|
|2)||Workshop and General Safety||12|
|3)||IT Application for Engineers||12|
|4)||Fundamentals of Computer Science||12|
|5)||Applied Mathematics for Information|
|6)||Introduction to E Commerce||12|
|9)||Web Development and Design||15|
|11)||Object Oriented Programming with Java||15|
Assessment and Grading:
The assessments will be at unit level. The assessments blend in the combination of practical, theoretical examinations, assignments for individual units. The assessment for individual units for this qualification is done internally and then concluded externally by the Awarding authority.
Flexible online assessment strategy of ASTI helps the learners to overcome complex situations for completing assessments on time.
Learners must attain at least 40% of the marks in each assessment and that the average scores of all tasks in an assignment must be a minimum of 40% of the overall marks awarded.
For successful completion the learner should pass all the assessments.
The Grade System:
The EduQual grade system is followed
- learners aged 18 years and above
- Level 3 qualification in Engineering or other related qualifications
- Associated work experience.
For more information or query on entry requirements contact Ph. +971 4280 9955
Career path ahead:
On completing the Higher International diploma in Information Technology Engineering the learner may progress to higher studies with respect to the relevant course/Qualification or work in a range of engineering technician jobs in the IT sector.